Thursday, March 20, 2008

POSITIVE PROGRESS?

Well, yesterday was Dave's birthday. The day before had been a tough one, so I was kind of shook, because I wanted him to have a special day.(Even though he could care less about his birthday).(Me, I want to be celebrated the whole week)! Anyways, we spent a majority of it at the Dr.'s office. Good news is that I walked a way from my appointment feeling like I had made some progress. I know, I know what your thinking. Don't set yourself up for a let down! But...these days I have to set myself up for something and thinking positive is the set I have chosen. I was even up to having Dave's sister's family over for Brats and Ice Cream Sundaes, and I actually found myself having a good time and not just wondering when everyone would leave so I could stop pretending I felt okay. And to top it all off, the six months of each year that I have to endure being a year older than Dave is over. We now both have six months of being 46. Of course, then I'll have to endure the next six months being older than him again, but you know what? If that is my biggest crisis in six months...HOORAY!

2 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

hey, in my view ANY progress is great progress- congrats! and happy birthday to Dave :)

Heather said...

I will call you later to talk about your dr visit. Glad you had a great day with Dave. You could have fun and come with me tonight. Call me! You know I will take care of you.